We all know who our external customers are but who are your internal customers? Those folks that either work for, in support of or that you work for in your organization? They are the operations folks that process wires, credit folks that do your analysis, tellers that are on the front line seeing your clients everyday. They are your boss, or bosses, the other lenders on your team I think you get the idea. So what are you doing to strengthen these relationships?
First idea...smile. Yup, it really is that simple. Smile in the morning and say hello, I guarantee you will get a smile back. Smile when you talk on the phone, trust me the other person can tell. In general people like to be around happy people, so bring a little joy into other folks day if you can.
What next? Thank you notes of course. My Uncle, who ran a bank for many years, was legendary for his thank you notes. Even today I still will hear stories from folks that worked for him about how he sent along a note after they accomplished something, and how much it still meant to them to be thought of. I haven't received a thank you note (that wasn't electronic) in years. So I try to send out as many as I can when someone has gone above and beyond. It is amazing what a quick, thoughtful, hand written note can mean to folks. After all we all love to hear when we've done a good job, it is just most people don't have any idea how to tell you that.
When was the last time you told your boss he or she is doing a great job? Try it and I guarantee you will be surprised by the response (note here, don't be kissing butt, this needs to be told at a genuine time). It really does all fall back to treating others the way you would want to be treated.
No comments:
Post a Comment