Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Lending in Vermont can be fun....

Yup, you heard me right. I've been doing this lending gig for several years now, first for one of the bigger, badder banks (more on those later) and now for an adorable little shop located on the Canadian border. So yesterday I get to "paper" a small loan, enhanced with SBA guarantees (more on these later also). The business was a smaller start up that has hit the market hard and is garnering quite a following. As mentioned I enhanced with a few SBA guarantees due to the start up nature of the business. One note had a 50% express guaranty, the other an 85% guaranty, all but mitigating the start up risk. Borrower is a dream, great financial reporting and believable projections. Nerdy stuff I know but I get off on it. Did I mention the product they are producing is superb?

So why was this one fun? Simple, the guys were real people, looking to put a quality product into the VT marketplace and eventually beyond. Great families, jobs being created, all the reasons I like doing this job. Can't disclose much more but it was the sort of deal I enjoyed sharing with my kids, and when I can happily do that I know I'm doing the job right.

No comments:

Post a Comment