Thursday, October 3, 2013

Does our government have a reset button?

So the government is taking their ball and going home, who cares I think? After all its not like our elected officials have any real clue about what its like to be in the trenches. Well I was wrong. I stand to have a significant number of client's deals not happen, or at least sit idle until our mighty elected stop holding their collective breaths and right the ship. There are so many great memes out there that bring home the equivalent of what is up for grabs here. My favorite is the one that shows a family's income, compared to what they are spending, and their cumulative deficit as a result. If any of us lived the way the government has been conducting itself we'd be screwed, simple as that. So why do they get a pass? So anyway, I have a wonderful collection of deals in the works that are in need of a small business administration guaranty, but guess what? That program is considered non essential so all these hard working folks, trying to put together a business of their own (remember, the American dream), can only sit and wait for some resolution. Is that a big deal, you're damn right it is. Here is why, some are waiting to sign leases, some are waiting to order equipment, some are waiting to hire. Sure sounds like all those wonderful things that all these donkeys ran their campaigns on right? Stimulating the economy. Creating small businesses, you know the back bone of the economy. Well you're not going to believe this but that was all a bunch of lip service. So the next election remember this collection of Washingtonians, and get some new folks in there that are working in the interest of we the people. In fact let's really get nuts and keep campaign contributions to $50 a head, its damn hard to feel any obligation to folks if they only drop $50 in the pot. Oh yes, and let's also do away with lobbyists. I mean really, a job whose sole purpose is to try to influence policy? Shouldn't we as the folks voting these people into office be the people they ultimately report to and shouldn't we be the ones that dictate policy? It all seems to simple, yet it is also so hard. Let's start with having longer memories, I know I will come election day when I remember all these wonderful small businesses, sitting on the side lines, as our current group of elected fumble, bumble and fake smile their way through this mess. Shame on all of them, grow up. We deseve so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment